Law firm MAZZUCCO & MELLO ADVOGADOS provides advisory in the structuring of operating, tactical and strategic tax planning, aiming at the adoption of practices intended to provide individuals or legal entities with optimization of the tax burden levied on their business and investments.
The tax team of MAZZUCCO & MELLO ADVOGADOS has extensive experience in advisory in this area, intended both to domestic transactions involving individuals and the structuring of legal entities, and to cross border transactions, which require the analysis of different jurisdictions to enable the implementation of offshore structures and payment flows in a safe and lawful manner, with economic substance and effective business purpose.
- Assistance to multinational IT companies with customs and tax matters related to the importation and resale of software, hiring of support, technical and administrative services.
- Advising the subsidiary of an American manufacturer of household appliances and electronic devices in the review of its business in Brazil, including costs, expenses and tax paid in Brazil and on remittances effected to its headquarters in the USA.
- Assistance to telecom company in the sales of its shares to another company and analysis of the tax aspects related to such operation (amortization of goodwill, capital gains on the sales of equity, offset of tax losses, among others). Transaction in the amount of EUR 7 billion.
- Assisting a pharmaceutical industry in the sale of its shares to another company regarding the internal corporate restructuring, including the analysis of the tax aspects of the operations and implementation; Transaction in the amount of 500 million.
- Advising several families in the review and implementation of corporate structures for assets protection purposes from a tax and financial efficiency perspective.
- Structuring tax planning for IT multinational companies for tax reduction/optimization, considering remittances of royalties and profits to abroad; analysis of favorable jurisdictions from a tax perspective.
- Structuring tax planning for importation and exportation companies, considering remittances of royalties and profits to abroad; analysis of favorable jurisdictions from a tax perspective.