MAZZUCCO & MELLO ADVOGADOS advises financial entities, investors and sponsors in the structuring of internal and external loans, bilateral and syndicated loans, export pre-payment transactions, asset and equipment finance, aircraft financing and lease, industrial and infrastructure projects in various sectors such as power energy, highways, oil, gas, basic sanitation, transportation, airports and telecommunications.
The firm also provides regulatory advice to institutions supervised by the Brazilian Central Bank, the Brazilian Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM) and the Brazilian Association of Financial and Capital Market Entities (ANBIMA).
Our practice involves the following topic and the drafting and negotiation of various contractual documents such as:
- Structuring and formalizing security packages
- Financial agreements, including derivatives – International Swaps and Derivatives Association (COD and ISDA);
- Banking and capital markets regulation
- Exchange regulation
- Financial compliance (setting up policies and internal control);
- Administrative proceedings against Brazilian Central Bank (BACEN), Securities and Exchange Commission (CVM), Appeals Council for the National Financial System (CRSFN), São Paulo Stock Exchange and Market Supervision (BSM B3)).
- In structured finance, we provide advice in transactions to offer liquidity to businesses.
MAZZUCCO & MELLO ADVOGADOS has experience in structuring businesses (start-ups), including critical legal issues, in order to prepare the company to receive domestic or foreign investments and financial contributions in the form of loans.
We also advise financial institutions and private equity funds in structuring investments, covering:
- Structuring investment vehicles and special purpose companies
- Financial contributions in the form of equity or loan
- Strategies of divestment and sale of equity
- Corporate governance
- Guarantees to the strategic minority shareholding
- Structuring, establishment and authorization for operation of investment funds
- Legal audit
- Representation of the shareholders or quota holders at the assemblies or meetings of the “portfolio companies” (proxy service)
- Factoring arrangements
- Financial technology (fin-tech)
- Leveraged and acquisition finance
- Loan syndications
- Project finance
- Senior secured and unsecured lending
- Mezzanine and second lien lending
- Trade finance
- Incorporation of brokerage company (CTVM), with the approval before the Brazilian Central Bank.
- Change of control of commercial bank.
- Consultancy to major education public company in the disclosure of information on the Reference Form of the fiscal years 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Advisory and representation of a Foreign Exchange and stocks brokerage firm.
- Advisory to operator of private port terminal in the contracting of mezzanine finance with international fund.