The Competition Law (antitrust) team of MAZZUCCO & MELLO ADVOGADOS works together with the M&A team in the investigation and analysis of corporate transactions resulting in market concentration and in the representation of client before the Administrative Council of Economic Defense - CADE.
In addition, our Competition Law team acts on matters strictly of a competition nature and which may result in investigations and administrative procedures before CADE as well as on of Representing clients in investigations and administrative proceedings with CADE, as well as on litigation and leniency agreements with said agency.
Finally, our team assists clients on drafting and reviewing competition compliance programs and conducting internal audits.
- Presentation of a merger case in the communications sector before CADE and defense (and plea-bargaining negotiation) of Board members in an administrative procure investigating antitrust law offence in the electrical equipment sector.
- Administrative defense of former CEO of large construction company in the process of investigating alleged anti-competitive conduct (cartel in PETROBRAS bids) with CADE.
- Administrative litigation - investigation procedures for alleged dumping at the Department of Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Development, Industry and Foreign Trade - SECEX.
- Advisory to international manufacturer of telecommunication equipment, worldwide leaders in the information technology market, in the submission to the Brazilian System for Protection of Competition.
- Advisory to Brazilian operator of telecommunications services in the submission to the National Telecommunications Agency - ANATEL and to the Brazilian System for Protection of Competition of the acquisition of all issued and outstanding shares a company owner of a national infrastructure for the provision of data communication services and corporate solutions.
- Advisory to Brazilian subsidiary of multinational provider of logistics, transportation and warehousing services in the submission to the Brazilian System for Protection of Competition of the acquisition of all issued and outstanding shares of a provider of warehousing services under special tax regime allowing deferral of interstate tax on products originating from a specific region of the country.
- Advisory to Brazilian subsidiary of multinational company manufacturing sexual wellness products in submitting an opposition to the sale and purchase of a line of products between competitors. The opposition resulted in the imposition of the obligation for the purchaser to divest of a line of products acquired.
- Advisory to Brazilian subsidiary of multinational auto parts manufacturer in submitting an opposition to the sale and purchase of a line of products between competitors.